Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life at Home

Amore e di vita roughly translated (in italian of course) Love and Life is the title I have chosen for my impromptu blog. After a recent (typical) breakdown about life, I told myself I need to do two things. 1. Love. Love is something we all need in life and it comes in many forms. It makes us feel better, and it gives us self worth. Many people feel love is only shared in a relationship of partners. I am fortunate to have that love with my husband, but Love should be embraced in many aspects. Love in family, love in peers, love from my students, love in pets (shout out to coops), and love from God. Being in love does not mean holding a relationship with a spouse, but it means having a relationship with others beyond yourself. LOVE

The second thing I told myself I needed is Life. Now I know, I have a life and it is good, but we all need to work towards a goal. Somewhere in the midst of routine and consistency I would slowly lose my sense of self. After a slap back in to reality from my husband and a much needed conversation with meaning, I realized that I need goals and aspirations (and a vacation). We sometimes lose who we are in the fog of daily activity, and we need something different to free our brain.

My thinking place is uninhibitedly the shower. I come up with most of my ideas there as I let the water numb me from the day. For a while I only thought of things I should do to catch up, no idea of brilliance (haha) or dreams of splendor. I found myself bored and lazy and I knew that with no kids, and minimal work, I should not feel that way. 

This particular day, I would come up with what I thought were great ideas and then immediately shoot them down giving myself no possible oppurtunity to fulfill them. I felt trapped within my own ideas and I knew I needed a slap in the face! One of my ideas was this very blog. Although it seems silly and worthless, my idea was big and I never even gave myself a chance to start. I envied my friends and relatives who were so fluent in their blogs and it made me jealous to see all of the things that they had accomplished. I was in need of a change and this blog was a good first goal.

It is, as you see, the 30th and I gave myself to the end of the month to start something new. It may not be big, or important, I may never post again, or it may even put you to sleep, but it is a milestone.  I start my "goal" today spreading love, and enjoying life. Amore e di vita.

3 comments:

  1. I love it Katelyn!
    Your ideas are inspiring! I think it is great that you all gave up meat for Lent. I gave up bread. It has been harder than I thought it would be.
    I can't wait to see what you blog about next!!!!
    Luv ya!
    -Nicole (Your other sister)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn - I love your love :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/ Amanda - I love this! Your words were put together beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete