Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meet meatless...

Being a vegetarian has always crossed my mind as being a very empowering choice, chosen by healthy, selfless,  beautiful people, that I could never try. I love bacon, I love tacos, and I am, lets just say, a penny pincher. I always looked up to my countless vegetarian friends for their decision to save the world one animal at a time, and I knew that I would never take the chance to give up my delicious sausage pasta. I hate beans and most vegetables, so I never thought I could do it. Growing up catholic, my family and I have always spend our 40 days before Easter partaking in the Lenten season. We would give up items for that period of time that would help us sacrifice, minutely comparing to the journey of The Man himself, some time ago.

This year, my sister Erin, began this journey with the idea of becoming vegetarian for Lent. My husband excitedly volunteered us for the meatless venture. At first I was hesitant, but Chris and I knew we wouldn't get the vitamins we needed unless we included fish. Therefore my hesitation was calmed when we so fortunately decided to become...pescatarians. Vegetarians who eat fish that is.

This journey has pushed me to the "theme" of my newly acquired blog. My goal is this. Try something new for an entire month. (30 days give or take a day) Then...blog about it. I know! Pure genius. I am sure I am the ONLY person in the world who has thought to do this. My reasoning came to the idea that there are so many things that I want to do, but I shut it down before even starting. I want to give myself some time to try new things and decide if they should stick around. 

My first adventure is being a pescatarian. I have the support surrounding me to do it, and I hope that my next blog post will be a positive one about my new adventure. I already feel different, cleaner, healthier, so you never know it just may stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment